1940s slip

5 comments


I followed a sewalong for this slip and I am happy to say that this was the first sewalong I have successfully completed! It was for the 1940s slip pictured above.

I used a red cotton for the top portion and a blue with red polka dot flannel for the bottom portion. It's really warm! Please forgive me, the nightgown looks crooked in this photo, but I just hung it at a weird angle. Oops.


Along the top of the bodice I attached a red bias tape which I made myself.

The back darts that you can barely see with all the wrinkles.

Tiny straps made easily with my loop turner. What did I ever do before I had one of those things?

The side.

I got the fabric from Jo-Anns, which I rarely do since I like supporting local fabric shops. The red fabric is just a cheapy cotton and the polka dot fabric is a soft flannel. It's pretty warm, but not quite warm enough to wear just yet. On my Jo-Anns trip I bought 5 yards of a key fabric which was my real reason for going in the first place. I am very happy with my purchases.


Now that I have finished this slip/nightgown I am going to make another one, but with nicer fabric. Thank you so much Anna for hosting this sewalong. I can't wait for the next one!


EDIT: I accidentally deleted my original post! Sorry for reposting this if you have already read it! :(

5 comments :

  1. Thank you! I love red and turquoise as much as you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fav color combo! And polka dots. Oh my!!! Also loving that wall o' keys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Lavender! And I can guarantee there will be more key photos in the future... :)

    ReplyDelete